Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Prescott promising KO

Image text here
Prescott: says he'll knock out McCloskey - and Khan again

Breidis Prescott has breezed into Belfast promising to put Paul McCloskey to sleep - and set up a rematch with Amir Khan.

The hard-hitting Colombian makes his third appearance on British soil in Saturday's WBA light-welterweight eliminator at the Odyssey Arena, live on Sky Sports HD.
Prescott, who took 54 seconds to demolish Khan back in 2008, is hell-bent on getting another crack at the unified champion at 140lbs.
He says he is not the same fighter that lost to Kevin Mitchell on his last visit and will have too much for the Dungiven man who was of course stopped controversially on cuts by Khan in November.
"I have seen McCloskey and he makes a lot of mistakes but I don't like to watch a lot, I'll worry about him when I get in the ring," said Prescott.
"I will expose all his mistakes, no problem. We've had a great training camp, we've worked very well on things, technical things, and I just think I'm a much better fighter than him.
"Whenever I get in the ring I want to let it all go, let my hands go and give my best.
"When I went into the ring that night against Khan, I went in with the mentality to take Amir Khan's head off and I hit him with the right punch and got him out of there.
"I thought I would break him down and then take him out but obviously he doesn't take that good a punch. Khan made the mistake of fighting with me and if McCloskey makes the same mistake I will be putting him to sleep too."
He then turned his attentions directly to Khan.
Prescott 28-year-old has long been chasing another crack at the WBA and IBF world champion and says he will fight him as early as December.
Khan has laughed off the calls and backed McCloskey to win when he appeared on Ringside last week, saying he is "awkward and too tricky to catch" - even for a renowned puncher with 19 stoppages in 23 wins.
The Bolton has also suggested that a rematch with the Irishman is likely to happen sooner rather than later, which prompted a foul-mouth outburst in which Prescott also branded him a "punk" and promised to "spit in his face".
"I bet you do have your money on McCloskey because you are a sissy," he said. "Anything that prevents you from fighting me again.
"Now if you are a man, after I beat McCloskey in his hometown and knock him dead like I did with you in your hometown - let's fight in December.
"You do all this talking but you are scared to fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment